The Weather in Darjeeling is a little cooler than most other places in India, but not by much. The average temperature ranges from 50-60 °F during the winter months and 60-70 °F degrees during summer months. So, what temperature should you pack for when traveling to Darjeeling? Is it hot or cold? You may be surprised by the answer! Read on to learn about the temperature in Darjeeling and what you should wear.
This is a wonderful tour guide to the Darjeeling in West Bengal. Darjeeling is one of the popular tourist destinations of West Bengal and a quaint hill town with a laid-back charm to it. Nestled in the picturesque setting between river Teesta and river rangeet, the place is home to some renowned tea gardens. During this tour, you will get to visit places like Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (HMI), Darjeeling Ropeway, Tenzing Rock and Gombu Rock, Tiger Hill, Natural History Museum and much more. Check all the exciting places here for more info.
The Weather in Darjeeling
Darjeeling Weather is generally pleasant. Summer seasons are from April to June with hot and humid weather.
Monsoon starts from July and extends up to September, with heavy rainfall. Best time to visit Darjeeling is between October and March, when the weather is cool and pleasant as well as the view of the hills and mountains are clearer.
Darjeeling Temperature today:
The weather changes all the time in Darjeeling, but it is a year-round destination:
- Winter (December to February) may be cold and snowy, but this is also when tea harvesting takes place.
- The temperature in Darjeeling is always nice for traveling. If you are traveling to Darjeeling make sure to dress lightly and pack some sunscreen!
- It’s going to be a chilly day in Darjeeling, remember to take your umbrella!
- The monsoon season is from June to September with occasional rainfall in the area. In fact, a visit during this season will provide a picturesque view of the surroundings and hills. The temperature is cool and pleasant during this time of the year.
Travel to the majestic town of Darjeeling where the Himalayas meet lush green tea gardens. Situated in the Indian State of West Bengal, this elegant town is easily accessible from Delhi, Kolkata and Bhutan by air, train or road. Here, you will find a pleasant weather throughout all seasons.
Climate in Darjeeling
Cool, misty climate surrounded by mountain slopes, tall trees and green valleys. Bordered by tea plantations, the World Heritage site of a listed mountain railway, a Hindu monastery and the Tibetan Refugee self-help centre.
- From October to mid-December, the temperature gradually decreases and the weather becomes pleasant. The days are warm and sunny but nights get cold. This is a good time for sightseeing. You checkout all the amazing places here.
- From January to February, Darjeeling weather is extremely cold. There may be snowfall at higher altitudes of Darjeeling like Tiger Hill. The days are clear with bright sunlight and the nights are very cold with freezing temperature.
- From March to June, the weather of Darjeeling becomes hot. The sun rays directly hit the town and make it warmer than other months. In May, monsoon arrives in darjeeling and brings moderate rainfall which makes a beautiful scenery throughout the town.
- From July to September, monsoon continues affecting Darjeeling weather with heavy rainfall. It is recommended not to visit during rainy season because landslides frequently occur during this period which might cause huge damage to life and property of visitors.
The winter season starts from December till February and is always accompanied by foggy weather with chilly winds running across the area. The lowest temperature recorded in these months are -2 degree Celsius. So, it is better to carry woolens and winter clothing if you are planning to visit Darjeeling at this time of the year.
Location factor on The Weather in Darjeeling
Darjeeling is a city in the state of West Bengal, India. It is a popular tourist destination in the Indian subcontinent and also known as “Queen of the Hills”. Darjeeling is a famous tourist spot and one of the best hill stations in India due to its pleasant climate year-round, natural beauty and quiet ambiance. It offers views beyond imagination as it is perched at an altitude of 7,000 feet above sea level.
Darjeeling is the enchanting hill district in north eastern India, where the age-old culture and traditions of the region form as important an attraction as its magnificent natural beauty. Darjeeling is popularly known as Queen of hill station with its spectacular view of mountain peaks and quality tea estates. It has been a popular holiday destination for British living in Calcutta during 18th century. This beautiful town remains green through out the year and the hills around it are covered by perennially snow-capped mountain ranges.
The Toy train, the tea, the sunrise, a visit to the ‘Queen of the hills’, Darjeeling is a must in your to try list. We provide you with everything necessary for the perfect family trip or outing with your friends.
You can also visit Darjeeling from Kolkata.
Best time to visit Darjeeling
The prime time to visit is between the months of March and June when the temperatures are pleasant and the rain has cleared.
- Best time to visit Darjeeling is between October and March, when the weather is cool and pleasant as well as the view of the hills and mountains are clearer.
- The temperature in Darjeeling is not too hot and people enjoy going out during the day.
You won’t regret it! Read more about temperature in darjeeling here:
- The best time to visit Darjeeling is from the month of March to June as the temperature is at its best during this time. The lowest temperature can go down to -2 degree Celsius in some months of the year and the highest being 28 degree Celsius.
- The most popular months with visitors are March and April, when temperatures can still be cool but without too much rain or snowfall. These months also enjoy good visibility from the mountain peaks due to low humidity levels.
- Visitors generally book hotel rooms between December and January. As this period offers warmer weather conditions than any other winter month, making it ideal for trekking trips amid glorious views.
- The least busy times of year at Darjeeling’s hotels are September to November which is the monsoon season. And June which coincides with school vacations.
Darjeeling for Tourists
If you’re planning a trip to India , don’t miss visiting one of its best cities, Darjeeling. The Temperature In Darjeeling is just right for a pleasant getaway.
Our expert guides will show you all the areas of interest. From major attractions and museums to instagramable local gems. Insider secrets we reveal, happy hour specials and more! Stay at a top rated hotel, get a great deal on airfare, book a reliable ride to your destination. However, you choose to travel this will be your best trip yet.
The temperature in Darjeeling is a little cooler than most other places in India, but not by much. The average temperature ranges from 50-60 degrees during the winter months and 60-70 degrees during summer months. It can get quite chilly at night, so make sure to bring some warm clothes with you. Only if you’re visiting during December through February. However, daytime temperatures are usually very pleasant. The temperature in Darjeeling is not too hot and people enjoy going out during the day.
Find out everything about The Good Darjeeling Life, here.
If you have any questions for me, leave them below! Thanks for reading my blog and have a wonderful day!